A clean home has a good mood, health, and an excellent reputation in guests’ eyes, especially unexpected ones. But the concept of cleanliness differs for many: some rub all surfaces and floors almost every day using household chemicals, and others wipe everything with a slight hand movement every 7-14 days with plain water. How will that be correct? It’s time to figure out how often to do wet cleaning in the apartment.
Five types of cleaning
These are activities that are performed every day. Daily tidying up in small movements, usually lasting up to 5 minutes, allows you to maintain order and cleanliness. What to do every day:
Do not let dishes pile up. It is a way for germs to grow and make bad smells. Instead, wash dishes every day, or even better, after each meal.
It is easy to wipe the countertop every day, but this way, you will not have a lot of dirt and food on it. If you often cook, wiping the countertop after each time is better. The sink also needs to be cleaned because it gets dirty from all the food and dishes.
The house’s surfaces can quickly become ugly because of hair, makeup, and other things. Therefore, cleaning them every day with a wet and then dry cloth is better.
For such cleaning, it is better to set aside one day because once a week, you need:
- Wipe the dust from all surfaces, including hard-to-reach places.
- Wash floors everywhere. How often should you vacuum your apartment and mop the floors? If the garbage accumulates faster or you like to walk barefoot 2-3 times. If you use a robot vacuum, turn it on a few times a week because this technique is less efficient than a conventional vacuum cleaner. After using it, wipe the floors with a damp cloth.
- Change bed linen. Even if it looks clean, changing it once a week is worth it to avoid skin diseases.
- Wipe down all mirrors. They get dirty quickly, and looking at them becomes unpleasant.
Wash curtains, wash blinds
They accumulate dust, which harms the air, and causes allergy sufferers.
Bed mites, germs, and dust must be dealt with with a vacuum cleaner or knocked out. After monthly manipulations, turn the mattress over to the other side, so it is less squeezed.
Clean the extractor
Grease, dust, and dirt is accumulating here with great speed. If you delay cleaning, it will be more and more difficult.
Wipe chandeliers and lamps
If you do this monthly, the light will be brighter, the view will be neater, and there will be less dust.
It is a thorough washing of everything that can be washed and a revision of things and corners. Some do it once every three months, others once every six months. The composition of general cleaning is also different for everyone. The to-do list should include:
- Cleaning of household appliances: microwave, oven, refrigerator.
- Pillow processing. Wash them in the washing machine and dry them well. Thanks to this, the pillows will last longer and keep you healthy.
- Revision of things in wardrobes, processing of seasonal clothes, etc.
- Washing the ceiling and windows.